How to Cleanse Your Skin Post-Gym
Flopping down on the couch with a protein smoothie after an especially sweaty workout sesh is majorly appealing — but it skips an important step: cleansing your skin after the gym (but before the exhaustion kicks in). The best way to do it is with sensitive, skin-soothing skincare that keeps exercise-related clogged pores and pimples at bay. From the first step to last, here is your tailored guide to the perfect post-workout cleanse:
1. Start off with Kinx's Deep Cleansing face wipes, $8, to wipe away the initial layer of makeup and sweat. It's compact enough to stow in your gym bag and convenient to use and toss away.
2. Now it's time to take off the rest of your cosmetics. The Kopari Beauty Organic Coconut melt, $39, effortlessly melts away even the hardest-to-remove waterproof makeup. Open the jar, breathe in the naturally tropical scent of pure coconut, and get cleansing.
3. Those with sensitive skin will love the Youth To The People Age Prevention cleanser, $39, for its gentle and plant-based formula that thoroughly cleans, without stripping your skin of moisture.
4. Are you on-the-go? Slip the cooling Earth Tu Face Organic Rose and Aloe Facial Toning mist, $59, into your purse to balance out your skin's pH levels after double cleansing.
5. Moisturizing your skin isn't revolutionary, but the Surface Face Cream, $49, makes the practice even more pleasant with its minimalist packaging. Plus, its anti-pollution properties protect your skin from a smog-filled day in the city.
6. For deep cleaning, use a luxurious, finely milled facial exfoliant like the French Girl Organics Facial Polish exfoliator in rose du jardin, $39. Only do this step once or twice a week to avoid irritation.
7. Your face isn't the only part that deserves attention post-sweaty HIIT class – your entire body does. Exfoliate from shoulders-to-toes with the French Girl Organics Sea Polish body scrub, $29, and delight your senses with its minty aroma.
8. Finish your routine with the Earth Tu Face Shower gel, $39, and leave your bathroom smelling like bergamot and aloe.