Gear Guide: Fancy Picnic
We love, love, love a picnic. Any reason to swill rosé on the sand or in the grass is exciting, whether it's a summer birthday, 4th of July fireworks or a concert in the park.
You could just toss a mishmash of stuff into your tote and hit the road, but we think there's something special about investing in a few key items that will turn any picnic into a meal to remember. Some things to consider: You've got to tote it all, so keeping things light (like those cute tumblers, unbreakable and lightweight!) will keep you happy.
Here are our favorites, from a sturdy, stripe-y picnic "tablecloth" to a gorgeous, rustic basket to pack it all in. All you need to do is plan your menu: Keep it light, fresh and simple and you'll be wishing every day was picnic day.
Clockwise from top left:
1. A soft blanket turns any spot into an outdoor dining room. Picnic blanket, $29.90
2. For sparkling water or sparkling wine, these can't be beat. Sommar Glasses, $4.99/4
3. Weightless and way easier to handle than full-on knives/forks. Cuter, too! Bamboo Cutlery, $9/ set
4. You'll be made in the shade if you remember to pack a hat to avoid sunset glare. Fedora, $16
5. An elegant cover-up elevates a beach picnic to date night in a snap. Acacia Moscow dress, $198
6. Neoprene keeps bottles chilled for hours, and the attached corkscrew means you'll never be without one again. Insulated wine sleeve, $19.99
7. A structured picnic basket protects plates and bites from getting squished, and can also double as a surface for bottles and glasses. Straw basket, $54.99