Can you feel the chill in the air? Fall is rolling in fast, and our summer nostalgia is simmering pretty high. Our tans! Our beach waves! That gorgeous summer light! We're not quite ready to say goodbye, which has prompted us to decree that summer can, in fact, be endless: if we bring it indoors and make it last year-round. Now we're not saying you should pull a Brian Wilson and fill your living room with sand, but we do think that a few strategic decor tweaks and beauty picks can make all the difference in the world if you're seeking to bring the beach to you if you can't go to it. Check out our favorite scents, scenes and sounds to keep the summer vibes going.
1. Best Coast California Nights CD, $11.99 This L.A.-based outfit writes tunes that are made for top-down, driving-to-the-beach jaunts. Crank it up when the first frost hits and you'll forget that winter's arond the corner.
2. Tessa Neustadt Pacific Shower Curtain, $69 Step into the sea every time you hit the shower with this ombré sunset beach scene shower curtain.
3. Nearly Natural Palm Silk Tree, $99.99 Yes, it's fake. But it's perfectly beachy and far easier to maintain than a finicky front palm. We won't tell if you won't.
4. Sea Bags Mermaid Tote, $150-$190 Made from actual sails, this rough-and-tough tote is perfect for toting towels and sunscreen in August and for lugging groceries and gym gear all year round.
5. Olivine Atelier Love + Salt Beach Hair Mist and Body Mist, $26 This delicate spray loaded with pink Himalayan salt and coconut oil leaves your hair wave-tousled and your skin lightly hydrated and glowy.
6. Minted Cancun Wall Art, $178 Meditate on this beach scene while the leaves are drifting toward the ground outside your window.
7. Bobbi Brown Beach Rollerball, $25 The ultimate conjure-the-beach scent, this petite rollerball makes it possible to port around a whiff of the sea with you at all times. Roll, sniff, relax.
8. Henri Bendel Beach Signature Candle, $30 Turn your bedroom into a beachside bungalow when you light this luxe candle up. A vacation-ready fragrance of coconut milk, driftwood, warm sand and saltwater will trick your senses into thinking you've hit the shore.
9. Serena & Lily Cabo Woven Placemats, $48 Dinner parties take on a distinctly beachy vibe with place settings that mimic a retro beach mat, fringe and all.