10 Eco-Friendly Items Worth The Holiday Cheer
If holiday giving gives you a headache — all that packaging! all that single-use present wrap! — rest assured: It's totally possible to shop in an eco-conscious way. First, pare your packaging down to a minimum. Then favor brands that honor the natural world, whether through their choice of materials, manufacturing practices, or other.
1. Hot-As-Hell Hi-Kini bottom, $128 and top, $88 An on-trend bikini that's made from sustainable, eco-friendly Extended Fabric Life fabric, a trademarked combination of PTT (that's a polymer made from corn sugar, and superior-quality Lycra Extra Life). It reduces greenhouse gas emissions by 51 percent and consumes 25 percent less energy than traditional textiles.
2. Panda Valencia sunglasses, $120 These cat-eye sunnies are handcrafted from eco-friendly Moso bamboo, one of the most renewal resources in the world. Plus, the brand supports the Gift of Vision organization, which provides a pair of glasses and eye exams to those in need as well as funding optometry schools and clinics worldwide.
3. Coco Bee Naturals 30 SPF, $27 Easy on your skin and planet, with organic ingredients and 100% recycled packaging.
4. No Tox Life Face & Body Creme, $10 A woman-owned and family-run brand that's always 100% vegan, non-toxic and eco-friendly.
5. Bee Swell Rose Shimmer Lip Balm, $5.50 You can never go wrong with lip shimmer that's naturally made, with beeswax, organic virgin coconut oil, organic shea butter, organic sweet almond oil and mica.
6. Green & Gorgeous Organics Natural Dry Shampoo, $7.99 Skip aerosol-container dry shampoos and opt for an natural, organic formula that comes in a recycled paper container. It's a win-win!
7. Mara Hoffman Maven one-piece, $275 A statement piece from Mara Hoffman's newest collection, made with 78% ECONYL nylon fiber — it contains 100 percent regenerated waste materials.
8. Jersey Shore Cosmetics soy candle, $75 A relaxing, aromatic candle that burns clean.
9. Lavender Court Soap Co. oatmeal and honey soap, $6.50 Lather up with a cruelty-free natural soap.
10. Abysse Junko pant, $125 A durable and uber-functional athletic pant made with 100 percent recycled fabric — generated from fishing nets left in the ocean.