Fall is here, but that doesn’t mean we’re jumping at the opportunity to make hot toddies and apple cider—not yet, anyway. Skies are blue and the sun is still shining, not to mention there’s a heat wave coming.
What we really need right now is a refreshing cocktail—wouldn’t you agree? This chartreuse swill is made from 130 herbs
, plants, and flowers found in the French Alps. With hints of cucumber, mint, citrus and aloe (which helps to relieve stress
), it’s a savory favorite for our vegan friends and gluten-free lovers. Plus, it seriously tastes like sunshine in a glass.
Follow the directions below to taste-test your new favorite libation.
Aloe & Chartreuse Cocktail
Makes approximately 2 servings.
- 8 thick slices of cucumber
- 12 mint leaves
- ¼ cup gin
- 6 tablespoons tonic water
- ¼ cup aloe juice
- 2 teaspoons Chartreuse liqueur
- Muddle cucumber and mint leaves in a cocktail shaker. If don’t have a muddler, use the handle of a wooden spoon in a big bowl.
- Add gin. Then muddle again.
- Fill shaker halfway with ice cubes. Add tonic, aloe, and chartreuse. Stir to blend. Stirring offers a more delicate way to combine the cocktail versus shaking the cocktail.
- Strain cocktail two before pouring into glasses. Garnish with a mint leaf or a floating cucumber slice.